Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Sense and Sensibility Bicentenary Challenge 2011

With 2011 being the bicentennial year for Sense and Sensibility and the fact that my JASNA book club is reading this title now, participating in the Sense and Sensibility Bicentenary Challenge just seemed natural. Below is a list of movies, spin offs and a sequel  to Sense and Sensibility that I plan on reading and watching.  Each month I'll write a review on the following titles:

January - The Sense and Sensibility Screenplay and Diaries : Bringing Jane Austen's Novel to Film by Emma Thompson

February - Elinor and Marianne : a Sequel to Sense and Sensibility by Emma Tennant

March - Colonel Brandon's Diary by Amanda Grange

April - Dashwood Sisters Tell All by Beth Pattilo

May - The Annotated Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen and David M. Shapard

June - Sense and Sensibility 2008

July -Sense and Sensibility 1995

August - Suspense and Sensibility, or First Impression Revisited : a Mr. and Mrs. Darcy Mystery by Carrie Bebris

Updated:  Due to an unforseen schedule change in my time, I will not be able to do a review of each book.  I will try to read one book per month.

No comments: